Avoid NHS Waiting Lists.
The NHS has huge backlogs and the costs of private medical care are rising rapidly with hip or knee surgery costing £10,000-£15,000. If you are acutely ill or injured, private medical insurance (PMI) provides swift access to a wide range of private hospitals and specialists whilst covering most of these costs.
Customised medical insurance for individuals and families.
- Comprehensive policies – all outpatient and inpatient hospital stays, specialists, surgeon, nursing and anaesthetist costs, X-rays, dental, optical and travel cover can be added.
- Premium policies - personal case advisers, global coverage, choice of consultants and specialists in the UK and overseas, the best private hospitals, emergency assistance.
- Reserve policies – aaccess to private care but with high excesses, usually inpatient only, there to protect against the worst situations, for clients are able to pay for most care but whan reassurance if serious illness or conditions occur.
We partner with world class insurance providers such as.
Small Business Schemes May Provide Better And Cheaper Cover.
- Private medical cover for SMEs – from 1 to 25 employees with the option to add spouses, partners and children, more people can result in savings.
- Different levels of cover - from basic to enhanced, across all employees or with scope to increase cover for specific employees or directors.
- Premiums paid by the company – treated as an employee benefit so NI payable and must be declared on P11D.
- Cover for offshore employees – we can arrange a blend of UK cover and overseas cover to ensure a hybrid team is protected.
How we help.
At Elevate we’re classed as a non-advised brokerage for medical insurance. We’ll use the personal information you provide, to identify suitable policy options, allowing you to make an informed decision, placing you in complete control of your final decision.
Elevate Medical Insurance FAQs.
How does private medical insurance work if I have a claim?
Generally the client contacts a help line where the insurer will discuss their situation and advise on what to do next. If clients incur costs before contacting the insurer first these may not be reimbursed and wait times may be longer.
How can I keep the costs down?
cover can be limited to in-patient only (generally hospital care and operations), higher excesses can be arranged (the amount the client pays per claim before the insurer contributes), clients can also opt to use NHS cancer care or only access private care if their NHS wait time is more than 6 weeks.
Do I have a choice of hospitals?
lower cost policies have limit the client to a list of hospitals, more expensive policies offer a wider range of hospitals, premiums are often more expensive if you require access to Central London hospitals.
Are any conditions excluded?
Yes, typically existing or on-going medical conditions and past conditions are subject to underwriting. Typical exclusions include cosmetic procedures, pregnancy & childbirth, GP fees (unless private GP option taken), hospitals not on the provider list, any excesses/deductibles agreed and fees incurred if NHS cancer or 6-week options taken.
Is dental or optical cover included?
these are usually optional add-ons, often cash benefits ie. the client incurs the costs and recalims a % back subject to annual limits.
Am I covered abroad?
this varies, global policies are available, some policies have emergency assistance or travel insurance add-ons whilst others are UK only.
What type of service do Elevate provide?
based on clients requirements and circumstances and requirements we will research our panel of insurers and propose a suitable solution which may not necessarily be the most suitable.
We treat all of our clients as individuals. We have time to talk, we listen and understand what you need. We are here for clients throughout the insurance process, arranging customised cover, adapting policies as things change, reviewing the market every year and supporting them with any claims. Your personal advisor is available on a direct dial.